Use Odin, flash the firmware you’ve downloaded on SamMobile by inserting it into the AP section. I would say the difficulty depends on your specific device. If you hava a Samsung device for example, you could easily just use their utility to restore the device with latest stock ROM. Once the backup is made copy the file to your computer so you have a secondary backup.
- Your Samsung device is now running the Stock ROM with all of the company apps and features that came when you first purchased your device.
- It’s very similar to the Pixel Experience ROM but brings additional features to the barebone feature list.
- You can easily backup WhatsApp messages to your Google Drive.
- If everything goes right, you should now have a custom Android ROM installed on your phone!
- Your Google account will keep a copy of your data safe and secure, and you can access it from any other device by signing in with your account.
However, in some instances, a custom ROM might not be in sync with your requirement or a few apps or services might not be working in this customized ecosystem. In all these cases, the best bet is to restore your Nothing Phone 1 from Custom ROM to Stock. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. The project was started way back in 2013 when CyanogenMod was all hype, and it still continues to push new builds even today. It does nothing radical but brings a clean, AOSP-based ROM with rock-solid stability and a long list of device support.
- That might include music, photos, documents, and your Google account data.
- For instance, you can add “-apk” after the command “adb backup” to take the backup of apps.
- Just head over to the Samsung Updates website, use the dropdown menu to select your device, and download the appropriate ROM for your device.
- You also get the flexibility to customize pretty much everything in the ROM.
- Before you start, you should know how to back up and restore your phone with the TWRP recovery environment.
- We provide an ultimate guide to stock Android firmware install the Magisk Manager and its resource ZIP with various ways to install and uninstall.
Simply making the file name shorter for use in the Command Prompt is the only reason for the rename. ADB backup is a tool that lets you back up your Android device without having to root it. This is useful if you want to keep a backup of your device’s data without having to root it. ADB backup lets you back up your device’s data to a file on your computer. The Android Debug Bridge (adb) backup feature allows you to create a full backup of your Android device without having to root your device.
They also reduce bloatware that comes as a part of many manufacturer skins. While there are many custom ROMs out there, not all of them are stable enough to be used as your daily driver. However, after searching the web for a while I just can’t seem to find any stock ROMs that are for CP8722_U00, only for CP8722_S00 which I assume is probably incompatible. Rooting is an important process that must be done to Android device, so you can backup the system data or stock ROM so as to keep the same way the device works as before. With a rooted device, you have no restriction to download an APP. If you haven’t had your device rooted, KingoRoot is a good choice for you. Users would be heartbroken if their Android device was lost or stolen, and all the photos, text messages, contacts, and other valuable data were gone for good.
The backup themselves can still be restored, but you’ll need some extra leg work to get them. A list of all the available apps (which can be backed up) will be displayed in front of you. On further scrolling, you will find a list of apps which can’t be backed up. This is due to the system limitations that have been imposed by the developers. As soon as the application would be able to take the entire backup of your device, it will let you know.